Eating healthy (and living healthy) can be very confusing, so be sure to contact my Dallas wellness clinic at 972-792-0204 or visit us in person at 5550 LBJ Freeway, Ste 150, Dallas, TX 75240, so we can get you on the path to better health and wellness!
- All gluten-containing foods like wheat, rye, oats and barley which are commonly found in breads, pastas and other products made from refined flour.
- The most common allergies are caused by this group of foods. By avoiding these foods for a few weeks your system gets a chance to relax and clear itself out. You may not even know you have an allergy to these foods because the symptoms may be so subtle. You will know once you try adding these back in to a cleaner system and you feel horrible.
- Alcohol (beer, wine, etc), tap water, caffeine (coffee, black teas, sodas), fruit drinks, energy drinks (red-bull, xtreme, etc) and any carbonated beverages.
- Alcohol and caffeine are hard on the liver and deplete it of detoxifying substances. Fruit, and carbonated beverages may raise blood sugar too high and will also cause acidity levels in the blood pH to increase. Energy drinks are often full of stimulants which drain the liver and are often high in sugar.
- Pork, cold cuts, bacon, hot dogs, canned meat, sausage and shellfish.
- Meats are typically high in nasty ingredients such as estrogens, antibiotics and others typical of processed foods.
- Corn and tomato sauce.
- These items are common allergens and can contribute to pain and inflammation. Fresh tomatoes can be used, but very sparingly as they increase the body’s acidity.
- Eggs and all dairy (milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, etc.)
- Dairy products contain casein and lactose which are most likely to cause allergies and increase pain. Eggs can be eaten sparingly, but do not cook the yoke as this will make it less digestible. Remember to always use organic products free of hormones and antibiotics. Goat products may be used as a substitute for dairy as this is hypoallergenic and very easy to digest.
- Most fruits including oranges, orange juice, strawberries and pineapples.
- These fruits are common allergens and increase pain and inflammation.
- Foods that contain saturated fats and oils, including peanuts, refined oils, vegetable oils, canola oil, margarine and shortening.
- This diet was designed to lessen the burden placed on your system by eliminating many foods, including those high in fats and refined and processed oils. These oils are unstable in the body and turn into free radicals very easily during the digestion process. They also promote inflammation and pain.
- Soymilk and Soy products (tofu, soybean oil etc).
- Most sources of soy products have become contaminated by genetic modifications (GMO). Even if the product claims non-GMO, farming practices cannot eliminate the contamination of GMO foods entering their crops. Soy is also inflammatory and many people have allergies to soy. Soy products can also have a detrimental effect on hormonal balance. See: What is GMO Food at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food
- Any other foods not listed on these pages that you know you are allergic to. Give your healthcare practitioner a list of foods that you know you are allergic to, or ask to be assessed for food allergies at your next appointment.
Are you in the North Dallas area of the DFW metroplex (North Texas)? Call my clinic at 972-792-0204 or visit us in person! Our address is: 5550 LBJ Freeway, Ste 150, Dallas, TX 75240.